Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Missed u all....

Good Day To All...
I have missed you!
My parents are in the 'needy' stage of life and that means caring and more caring......such as were ours in the beginning of our lives.

I wonder what books you have been reading. I wait to hear and I am happy to share mine with you.
My last few books (clearly as needed as a daily dose of 'help!' ) have been just wonderful reads.
I decided to go full bore into the series 'The #1 Ladies Detective Agency' and I have read and enjoyed all but #7 in the series.....as I have #8 but won't jump!! It has been loads of light reading and just plain old FUN! It is not often that a reader is meant to just plain enjoy a book without great periods of sad,mad, and questioning why you are reading a book that is so depressing!!
Please try these books if you have not already....I HIGHLY recommend.
My Other Reads:
Daisy Miller and Washington Sguare by Henry James/WONDERFUL! Exciting to have such a complex heroine....and sassy too!! This from the same author who wrote the wonderful books The Golden Bowl and The Wings of the Dove.
Queen Lucia by E.F.Benson/ Just began and am trying to get into this because he wrote a series with Miss Mapp and Lucia all taking place in the most picturquse tiny town of Tilling in the English countryside.....which is where I am supposed to be liivng my life!! The cast ensemble is great company The conversation is at times gentile but often laced with plenty of bickering.
The author has written many books that I hope to read in time.
Chanel... A Woman of Her Own by Axel Madsen/ Three guesses why I picked this up again and they are all right! I just saw the movie Coco with my theatre class and was truly enthralled! What a WOMAN!! Makes you wish it was you or at least that you were one of her best friends! To think her best friends included Picasso, Churchill, the Duke of Windsor and was the inventor of the 'little black dress'.

Enough of me....I wait anxiously to hear from you and enjoy your latest reads! I call you my
'BOOKBELLES' ! I feel as though I am home again, not just back from my parents world but back with my real family, friends and YOU!
Tell your friends and lets bond together.
Discover radience in every day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment